A typical school day for a MeANS student is anything but typical.
While the day for a boarding student is a bit different than that of a day student, the core learning program remains the same.
- Follows his/her Personal Learning Plan, which a student develops in collaboration with his/her mentor at the beginning of each school year and updates throughout the year as goals are met, interests change etc.;
- Works toward completion of academic requirements in a self-paced, technology-enhanced manner;
- Participates in a field placement such as a job, apprenticeship or internship that aligns with the student’s academic or career interests;
- Takes responsibility for maintenance and operations of components of the MeANS experience, such as required coursework in applied home economics, sustainability etc.
- Develops and implements a plan to work with particular individual barriers to success, such as health or mental health issues, substance abuse, trust etc.;
- Participates in a regular advisory meeting with one teacher/mentor;
- Works to develop a post-graduation learning and life plan.